|The SMTP OCX is a an Advanced Active-X Control which integrates RAS and SMTP
mail protocols into one easy to manage solution.|
The SMTP OCX allows you to send Email via any RFC compliant SMTP server and now
also via ESMTP servers using LOGIN authentication. SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer
Protocol) is one of the Internets standard technologies for sending email it
allows you to send email quickly and simply without clogging up your internet
connection / bandwidth.
The SMTP OCX supports Multiple file attachments which it correctly Base64
encodes for maximum encryption/compression and security when transmitting.
The SMTP OCX Also supports Straight Text or HTML messages compatible with most
The RAS aspects of the SMTP OCX control allow you to manage, enumerate or dial
any connection(s) installed on the end user/your computer.
SMTP OCX Feature List:
- Embedded Image support when using HTML messages
- Authentication via Pop3, LOGIN (ESMTP) and custom methods.
- An extensive list of properties, methods and events allowing full control
of your email.
- .Mail properties for setting Mail properties.
- .SMTP properties for setting Server details.
- Full Email properties (To, Cc, From, Subject, Message, Priority).
- Straight Text or Full HTML sending Interface.
- Multiple To, CC lists..
- Multiple Attachments (any size, any type).
- Full SMTP Server properties (Server Name, Time Out).
- Advanced Error Processing and Reporting.
- Advanced Event System allowing direct Event reaction and Response to
common actions such as Mail sending/failure and connection/disconnection.
- Automated Dialing (connect to the end users default RAS/DUN connection to
- Automated Internet Detection (Dial only if an existing connection is not
- Automated Connection Termination (Hang Up dialled connections once email
has been sent),
- Connect directly to the RAS/DUN system to enumerate, edit and add any
- Dial or Disconnect any DUN/RAS Entry.
Features added in version 2.4 - 2.5:
- Support for ESMTP Server Authentication.
- Added the SMTPAuthType property, allowing you to select standard/anonymous or POP3 Authentication or AUTH.
- Added the SMTPUserName and SMTPPassword properties for use with Auth Type.
- Added the SMTPLastLog property (a full debug property listing all MAIL commands and the order they happened).
- Added the OnCustomRequest event, which is triggered when AuthCustom is set.
- Added a new SMTP Server Details property page which allows you to configure these new settings in a Design environment.
- Switched to using an external DLL component for quicker BASE64 encoding.
Features added in version 2.3.2:
- Pop3 Verification Support - SMTP OCX can now authenticate your account
with your pop3 server. This will enable non Mail Relay compliant SMTP
servers to be used by the control.
- Added the PopServer, PopUsername and PopPassword properties - For
configuring the Pop server details.
- Added OnPopFailed, OnPopSuccess events to confirm that your pop
verification was completed correctly.
- MailBCC - Allows you to specify Blind Carbon Copy recipients.
Features added in version 2.3.0:
- Improved large attachment processing,
- Direct Attachment content-type processing - All attachments are now
verified against the Registry content type and attached accordingly. This
allows for better previews in compliant email browsers.
- MailCharset property - Allows you to use independant Character Sets for
- HangupConnection2 method - Allows you to hangup any connection with one
line of code.
- RasDialledConnection property - Tells you the last dialled internet
connection. Can be used in conjunction with
- Some minor bugs fixed and additional speed enhancements made.
The unregistered version of SMTP OCX allows you complete control of the RAS
system and Email Sending, however all emails sent via an unregistered SMTP OCX
will included a Footer statement relating to the unregistered status of the
control (the control also appears Red in your design environment).
Once the SMTP OCX has been registered this message is removed and the control
appears black in the design environment.
Two Demonstration projects are available for Download..
Demonstration 1 shows you how to send emails using a simple demonstration VB
Demonstration 2 shows you how to communicate with RAS/DUN using another VB
You can also purchase the source code for SMTP OCX which is an unlimited license
(no user registrictions).